Friday, February 4, 2011

More Small Steps

Well, I got a few more things taken care of today:
  1. Called the PWS Clinic at the University of Washington and left a message to try and get an appointment.
  2. Called the UW Medical Center and requested their form to get records released.
  3. Called and spoke to the school psychologist and figured out how to get those records.
  4. Mailed the records request to Children's Hospital.
On Monday I need to go to the school district to get copies of her re-evaluation (including psychological evaluation) from 12/09. 

I feel good like I'm starting to make some real progress.  Soon there won't be much to do but sit back and wait for the records to come in.  I can't do a whole lot more at this point but wait for those and take K to the appointments she has scheduled next week.  I am really curious to see what the results of the sleep study will be.  Between when we had it and now her doctor left Children's and he had a plan for her.  I'm hoping he communicated it to his replacement.  Anywho, it feels good to be doing something.  I can't wait to take that next step and get her on this journey.  We talked to her about it a few days ago and she told us she wants to go.  We asked her why and she told is because it will "help me get healthy". 

I also have other things to be working on for her, too, like Social Security and contacting her case manager and ARC of Washington.  I've been trying to get ahold of someone (anyone!) that can give me info on a group home for K.  She really wants to lead as independent a life as she can and we want to give that to her (without her actually being independent... a group home or something of the like will be more appropriate).  Because there are so few resources, I want to start this process now because she's already 15 and the waiting list can take years.  So far, no one is returning my calls or e-mails.  I think that's just par for the course when it comes to stuff like this, though.  I just have to keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment