Thursday, February 10, 2011

Progress

Yesterday I really didn't get much accomplished.  Today was a different story, though.

I went to the school district and got current copies of K's IEP and also any behavioral evaluations she has had done.  I also went to her primary care physician and picked up the referral letter she typed us.  At the same time, I dropped off the records request for them.  All I have left to do is send in the request for UW records and I'm done with all the requests.  Feels good to be nearing the end of that task list!

One thing that was a bit surprising today was in K's referral letter from her primary care physician, she put in that she suffers from obstructive sleep apnea.  As we haven't met with her pulmonologist to get the sleep study results, I was a little surprised and it is a bit scary to be honest.  I thought if she had that we would have heard back from them sooner about getting some treatment going, but I guess not.  I'm just glad we're going to be going in Monday and I think I need to make a list of questions to ask when we go.

I think this news today just made me feel more resolute about the fact that K needs to be on this journey.  With everything required and all the hoops to jump through, I often question myself.  "Is she serious enough to need this?"  I think between the fact she has gained 10 pounds in just a few months and now with the obstructive sleep apnea, I feel like we're going down the right path.

I'm hoping we start to get some records soon so I can send back the application to Pittsburgh and then we wait and see if our insurance will allow her to go.  I guess it feels good now to be doing things to make this happen.  At some point in the near future, everything will be sent in and it will be out of our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment