Monday, February 21, 2011

Birthday Time!

It's been a little while since my last post because there isn't much going on in the way of Pittsburgh right now.  Until we get the last of our records back and have the appointment at UW we're sort of in a holding patterns.  But in the meantime, we have a party to plan!

K's Sweet 16 is on March 5 and I've started planning a party for her.  We've actually never had a birthday party with school friends for her before (usually it's just been family) so because it's her 16th we gave her that option this year.  We're inviting all of her friends from school (not quite sure how many this will be, but it sounds like her entire class...) plus all the usual family.  I've already figured out what I'll be making to eat (all low calorie) and her theme will be "Glee".  I've even found low-calorie cupcakes I'm going to make with music notes on them for the theme.  We've already ordered her presents, too.  So, things are coming together nicely.

K used to do the treadmill every day for an hour on the days when she was at our house.  We stopped that for some reason along the way and yesterday I had her go back on it for the first time.  She did 35 minutes and I was so glad to have her back at it.  Today she didn't do it because she played the Kinect Sports for quite a while and that is actually a good workout for her.  I'm not going to get too crazy with the exercise plan for now until we see the nutritionist at UW.  I'm really hopeful for a lot of good change at that point (although I am still fully gung-ho for Pittsburgh - I think it's just the drastic change needed to get everyone on board for K's health).

Along with all this, we've got 4-6 inches of snow in the forecast for later this week.  In some places, this may not seem like much.  But around here, we hardly ever get snow and the place pretty much shuts down with anything over 2 inches.  Should make for an intersting week!


No comments:

Post a Comment